Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yarn Along



I'm with Ginny again today,, posting on the work of the doll.  I've completed all the knitting part and some of the stitching of the seams.  I just need to stuff it and form the head.  I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to give the doll a face.  What do you think?


I've started the next doll.  Titus said it's the Mom doll.


Last night we opened our Christmas gifts together as a family.  What a great time together!
The boys draw names and get eachother a gift.
My fella and I help the younger guys and get the older guys something they may need (Hunter needed sneakers so we got him a pair as did Jordan). 

My fella went all out!
I gave him a list of books I would enjoy, listed in the order of preference.  He got them all!
I enjoy reading cookbooks and craft books like novels.  I read a few pages before I drift off to sleep.
These will keep me busy for some time.

I thought I'd explain why we opened our gifts.  Tomorrow we head to Maine to be with my in-laws for Christmas.  So we could all fit, we decided not to bring all the gifts there and back.  So the boys will just do their stockings in Maine.  Yippee, I can't wait!  It's my favoritest place to be for Christmas!!!



5 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely... and what a great fella to get ALL of your books!
    As to face- I usually opt for the Waldorf minimal face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always make me smile, Tammy. Loving "favoritest"!! I hope you guys have a great trip...we will be praying for safety as you drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose for the doll. Have a wonderful Christmas in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of opening presents early, too, because then Christmas morning can be more focused on the true gift we're receiving. Maybe we'll try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tammy, This is Kristina Visser. I have enjoyed reading yuor blog so much. I wish you lived closer to us. I would love to learn from you!
    We had knitted dolls when we were younger and they did not have a face on it. I donlt know why but that is how they were made for us. We had a really nice older couple that we adopted as grandparents when we were young and she used to knit for us ALL the time. We loved it.:)

    ReplyDelete