Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Warm Bellies


It's the time of year of rosey cheeks, runny-cold noses and hot chocolate!

The boys have been skating/sliding on the pond every afternoon after school.

Today it's VERY cold out.  The thermometer in the kitchen didn't show it getting above 20 degrees and it's super windy.  There's been a constant roar outside from the wind. 




They came asking for some hot chocolate to warm their little bellies.

We got the pot, milk, cocoa powder out and started making some.



I filled six mugs and brought them down to the ice players.
As I got close to them with the steaming mugs, I heard, "She has hot chocolate!"

Such fun winter days!

Here's the yummy recipe I got from a friend.  Home made is so much yummier and I know what all the ingredients are.

1/2 C sugar
1/4 C cocoa powder (I used natural cocoa powder)
dash of salt
1/3 C water
4 C milk
3/4 Tsp vanilla

Mix cocoa, sugar and salt in a large pot.  Add water and stir.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Add milk and warm.  Add vanilla.  Whisk until frothy.
Serve with marshmallows, whipping cream or fluff. 


I added whipping cream with little Andes candies sprinkled on top.

I doubled it but learned today I need to triple it!







1 comment:

  1. That looks soooo good. It's 1 amm and I feel ahungry but just need to go to bed.
    We went shopping today and it was REAL windy and cold too. It wasn't down to 20 but felt below 0 with the wind. The boys sure look cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete