Monday, January 25, 2010

Praying Friends


Prayer is our way of communicating with our Savior.  I admit, at times I'm not sure how it works but I know the Lord asked us to do it and He is pleased when we come to Him with our cares and burdens.  "Cast all your care on Him, for He cares for you."   Since we've been married, I've always enjoyed having someone pray for me.  We were in churches that did "Secret Pals", and I always enjoyed knowing someone was praying for me.   A couple years ago, a man in our church preached on the importance of having someone to pray for you so that encouraged me to have a prayer partner.  I felt the Lord leading me to a lady in our church and thoroughly enjoyed doing that with her.  Due to changes in her life,, she couldn't keep the commitment any more.  Last year, I had a lady's Bible study in our home, and we ladies did prayer partners together then.  This year, I haven't had a prayer partner.  I have felt the need to have one again.  There's nothing like having a Sister in the Lord, praying for you.  Knowing I could share personal requests and feelings without her "judging" me and confiding in another lady,,, was sooo needed in my life right now.  I mentioned this to Mark,, sharing with him, not sure who to ask to be my prayer partner.  I thought of a few Face Book friends, but wanted someone who I could also fellowship with at church.  I'm so thankful for a loving, understanding, wise husband,, he suggested someone right off that was perfect for me!  Why hadn't I thought of her???  Last night, after praying all day about it, I approached her, and she was VERY excited too!  I'm so excited to have another prayer sister in my life!  I encourage all ladies to have a godly woman you can trust to be your prayer partner.  We're going to write our requests at the beginning of each month and trade requests.  What a huge blessing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment