Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cheese and Apples



Everyday at about 10 am, either Titus or Addan comes into the "school room"/family room and asks for cheese and apples.  Usually I'm in the middle of school with Luke and Tim and can feel quite annoyed with this interruption.  I some times think boys stomachs just NEVER get filled!!!  But lately I've been trying to change my attitude about getting this for them.  They love being together and if this helps build memories of being together, the least I can do is get them their food.  
Usually when I bring it to them,, they're sitting together closely on the couch reading a book or watching a video.  I hand it to them and hear little giggles as they look into their bowls and respond,, Thankyou Mom!!!  What a small sacrifice for me to make,, get up and peel and cut the apples and slice up the cheese,, all to hear pleasant replies for two little fellas.  I pray the boys grow close and stay close friends all their lives,, what a better friend to have than someone who grew up with you and has shared SO many memories with you! 
This morning I read from Matthew 18 and the verses have been ringing through my mind all morning.  Verse 4 says, "Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest  in the  kingdom of heaven. 5.  And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."  It goes on to say if we offend a child it would be better to be drowned!  WOW,, Jesus has strong feelings towards children.  I need to keep that same feeling as I get things all day for my little ones and believe me, I hear my name called often each day!!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I love this....how did you do the brown background? love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I'm not sure how I did the background,, Mark was helping me with it :) It was something we selected when we were setting it up.

    ReplyDelete