Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Name in Glory

There's a new name written down in glory,
And it's mine,
O yes, it's mine!
And the white-robed angels sing the story,
"A sinner has come home."
For there's a new name written down in glory,
And it's mine,
O yes, it's mine!
With my sins forgiven I am bound
for Heaven,
Nevermore to roam.


Yesterday afternoon, Jordan was singing a hymn.  The words talked about
being saved.
Addan blurted out to me,
"Mom, I'm not saved!"
I asked why he wasn't.
He replied, "Because I haven't prayed yet."
I asked him if he wanted to and he said he did.

I knew my fella had been sharing and sharing with him.
My fella told Addan when he felt ready, to let him know.

So this evening after our family devotions, my fella took
Addan aside and talked with him.

As parents, we've never "pressured" or pushed the
boys to pray for salvation.  We know children will do things
to please their parents or because they see
other children doing it.
We've taught and explained, then when they were "ready," we'd
be happy to lead them.   What a blessing to see
child-like faith!



What joy to hear Addan come to me after praying with my fella
and say, "Mom, I just got saved!"

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! How exciting to see how God works in young lives!
    ~Anna Davis~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So happy for you, Addan (and you guys, too!) I love seeing Titus looking on as well. :)

    ReplyDelete