Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Goals and Socks

  
GOALS

I've been thinking alot about setting some goals for this year.

So I got my devotion journal out and wrote them down so I'd
remember them.

Some are pretty basic,
some are lofty,
and some are just basic reminders.



Here is my list on the book I'm reading now. 

I also started another hat.   I'm not sure what it is with me and
hats.  I love making them!
Maybe because they are easy enough for me and I
can finish them.
I have a poncho started for myself and it seems
so huge a project that it's not motivating for me to work on.
BUT it's super easy so it's a project I can take when I don't 
have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

This is one of the things on my list of goals.

SOCKS

One of the whole reasons I started to knit was to knit a pair of socks.
I love socks! 
One of my favorite kinds is the mismatched socks I got 
while on vacation in Maine.
The socks were so fun and had such super fun colors.
I instantly fell in love with them and knew I had to learn to knit
so I could knit some instead of buy them! 

I've been reading and reading the books over and over again.
I've watched lessons on Youtube.
Yikes, it still seems so overwhelming to me.
A gusset,  a heel, connecting the sides, ribbing.
Makes me shy away and just read about it.

BUT last night I got the yarn and needles out and cast on the
64 stitches.
I did two rows this morning while Addan read his words.

(He's been the hardest one to teach to read so far!  He just can't
seem to get the short e sound.  He says the short a sound instead.
Practise, practise, practise!)



I sure hope this is one of the goals I'll be able to master this year!







6 comments:

  1. Best wishes with the socks! I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight boys! That is just wonderful!! I have six children ~ 4 girls and 2 boys =)

    One of my goals for 2011 is to learn to knit socks, too!! Good luck with yours. I look forward to seeing the progress you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are so fun!
    Good idea to make a list of goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!
    I made a list earlier this year too, it helps to see it in front of you, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have signed my name to your post about knitting socks. I taught myself to knit this past May just so I could knit socks. I am now on the second of my first pair. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay!! Another sock knitter *grin*. You can definitely do it :) My rainbow socks were my first pair and it was so exciting to see them take shape. I can't wait to see yours :) Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete