Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yippee, Almost a Sock!

I've joined the Yarn Along again with Ginny. 
It's so motivating to show my progress each week.

I'm to the "scary" part!  I've completed the leg,
now I must start the heel and foot part of the sock.
Yikes, I'm kind of nervous about this.  What if I get going, do it all wrong
and all my work is lost?!?
Lord, help me figure this one out! Please!



If you hear loud yelling and crying, it's me messing up :)

A friend lent me the book
Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald.

I've only started the book.  I've flipped through,
looking at the chapter titles.
I'm very excited to read and glean from it.

I've always felt it was my Bibical duty to stay home with my family.
This is a very rare and often times looked down at position.
I can see Bibically no other option.

My husband has always been in full time Christian work and money
has always been tight. I'm so thankful
he is a hard-worker and sees the role as provider his Bibical responsibility.

As the boys begin to leave the home, and I have more time to do other things,
I want my life to continue to bless others.
I want to be a true reflection of a Titus 2:4 woman.  I have only met a few
of these types of women in my life.

One instantly stands out in my mind.  She is old enough to be my Mom.
Her children were all out of her home, married and beginning their own families when I
met her.
This woman is a very talented woman in many ways but she
found joy in encouraging other women.   A career outside 
her home could of easily been attained.
Instead,  she found joy meeting with young women and teaching them
to sew, can, bake and doing Bible studies with them. 
She also went to the nursing home regularly and met with older women, leading
many to the Lord. 
She is such a strong godly example to me!  What a great role model to have!

I pray my life will count to the very end and I will stay
focused on what I should be doing Bibically, dispite what culture around me
says is right.

Titus 2:4&5
That they (the aged women) may teach the young women to be sober,
to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient, to their
own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.





6 comments:

  1. I moderate the forum at Sense and Sensibility and personally know Jennie (one of the authors) she is exactly what she speaks too and is a true blessing! I also aspire to be a true Titus 2 Lady and hope that as my children grow up and move on, I can bless others in much the same way as your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing the heel is the most fun part of making the sock! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be listening but I bet I won't hear too much crying and yelling! You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first heel is scary but when it takes shape it's all worth it. I love seeing how a sock comes together! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that yarn. You can look at the tutorial on http://knitpicks.com. They have a video that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll be able to do the heel! The yarn is beautiful I love the coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete