Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet, Loving Memories

I've been working our Valentine's Party all day.
Making our tradition cookies
(I only make these today.)




I did a scavenger hunt for my fella's Valentine.
I made 26 "clues" for him to find.
From A-Z, I wrote a quality I love about him
and then on the back of the note,
I wrote where to find the next note.


The table is set,


The mailbox is full!


Excitement is in the air for a fun, cozy night together
expressing our love for eachother.


Chocolate Heart Cookies

1 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C flour
1/4 C baking cocoa
1 C vanilla or white chips
2 Tbs shortening
1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in vanilla.
Combine flour and cocoa.
Gradually add to creamed mixture.
Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut with heart shaped cutter.
Bake 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on wrack.

Heat vanilla chips and shortening (either in microwave
or in double boiler).
Dip cookie corner in white chips.

Melt chocolate chips and put in small plastic
baggie.  Cut corner and drizzle over cookies.
Enjoy!

http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/







2 comments:

  1. You always make things such spectacular fun!! :) Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to bake as shamrocks with green food color added to white chips

    ReplyDelete