Saturday, August 28, 2010

Memory Verse

Even a child is known by his doings.  Proverbs 20:11


I teach the 2 and 3 year old Sunday School class at our church.  Titus is in my class for the last year this school year.  I teach the kiddos a memory verse.  It's amazing to see how quickly they learn them.  I'm not always to sure how much they understand though.

This evening I had one of the boys empty the dishwasher.  He got the task of emptying the silverware too.  Half of the ones we use go in the drawer by the sink and the other half (the plastic handled ones) go on the shelf in a basket by the dining table.  The boy I asked didn't put the plastic ones away in the proper place, he lazily stuffed them all in the drawer.  This boy is constantly doing "half" jobs and I constantly have to check his work to make sure it's complete.

I went into the kitchen to grab a fork and noticed the plastic ones and said, "________, you did a lazy job, come put these away where they go!  How come every job I give you, you do a half job and I have to correct you?  You're starting to have a horrible reputation of being lazy and doing slob-jobs!!"
Titus pipes in, "Yeah, like my verse in my class, 'Even a child is known by his doings!' "    I stood there shocked!  Not only did he remember the verse word perfect but he understoond the context in which to say it!  Wow!  I guess I need to not underestimate how much those kids are learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment