Thursday, August 26, 2010

Christ-like Servanthood

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.  Philippians 2 5-11

I started the study, Changed Into His Image this week.  Both Jordan and Brendan are doing it with me.  I don't know if they're enjoying it as much as I am!  Each day, it's like WHAM!  Just what I needed to hear. 

I love very practical, Bibical teaching.  I love to see in the BIBLE where the thoughts are coming.  That is one reason I love my husband's preaching/teaching.  I know he doesn't take verses out of context to fit what he wants them to say.  I totally trust him for that so I can trust his teaching.  When something is stated and it seems alittle "off", I know I can ask him what it meant and if that was quoted accurately.  If he doesn't know, he'll look it up to make sure what he says is accurate.  I'm so blessed to be married to him!!!    This study is VERY Bibical and so much Scripture is applied.  Plus it's very applicable.

I read the fifth page and it was so good!  The section is titled, The Goal of Change and it was all about our example-Christ.  "The result of the sanctification process is that the believer looks increasingly like Christ."    "When the nature of God is reflected fully through the nature of man, as it was in Christ, the blend produces a person who is the Father's humble servant."

Man, those quotes with the many pages that went with it, were so challenging to me!  I am to be like Christ, a servant!  How I often lack that quality.  And it wasn't just servant but HUMBLE servant.  I need to do all my tasks humbly.  I expect praise when I do my tasks instead of doing them for my Savior. 

I often whine because I don't have a daughter to help me with the house work.  A daughter would help with the clean up, cooking, meal preparing, ironing, laundry, etc.  I know the boys can and do help with these things but it's not their main priority.  A daughter would be using the time for training for her home some day so there's more of an interest in her learning.  I realized how un-Christlike it is when I whine about it (not always out loud but in my heart!) and how I need to be a humble servant to be more like Him!


I'm so thankful for God's Word and how it can make me more like Him when I submit myself to it.

This study is great and I highly encourage all Christians to do it!  I'm doing the Student Edition with the boys.

3 comments:

  1. Mom was just telling me today that she is reading this book and saying how much she loves it. Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,, it's SUPER good! I bought 3 of them,, I'll give it to you after we're all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it? I want to order it...

    ReplyDelete