Monday, March 28, 2011

My Free Pile

Last week the electric company was trimming all the brush and trees
that came close to the wires. 




All that noise was a distraction to my little gang!

Chain saws, machines, men working!




It was also a distraction to me!!
I could hear that wood chipper grinding up that brush and branches
into some nice mulch.
I so wanted that stuff!
Can't you see all my gardens nicely dressed with those wood chippings?!

The only problem, I'm way to chicken to ask those guys.
So, I begged and pleaded with Jordan to go ask.
The two chipping men were on lunch break, eating in their truck.
Jordan ran up to the truck and told them his Mom wanted
to know if she could have their chippings. 
They willingly agreed to give them to the young man's Mom once
they were done.  They said it would probably be the next day.

That night we got about 10 inches of snow. 
The chippers didn't return the next day.

Well, they came back today. 



Early this afternoon, a nice pile was dumped at the end of the driveway.

Every time I look out the window and see the pile, I envision the woodsy smelling
chips
being spread all over the many gardens in the yard.

God is so good with His special blessings each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment