Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dandelion Vitamins

The weed with a long root and yellow flower.   Yet this weed is so good for us.  It's good for our blood, it's one of the best blood purifiers and builders available.  It's high in vitamins and minerals, especially calcium.  It's one of the best liver cleansers,  increases activity of the pancreas and the spleen,   good for female organs,  helps open urinary passages,  used to treat skin diseases, and it's free!  

Today I got 3 of the fellas to help me pick some from our yard.  You want to make sure your source is free of poisons.  We don't treat our yard so our's are safe to eat.  I've read it's best to pick them before they flower or they tend to be tough and more bitter. 

I brought them in and washed them good.


I got the Nutra Steamer out and steamed 2 big batches.



I'll put the cooled dandelions into bags and freeze them to use in soups and stews.  I'm also going to save the water from the bottom of the steamer pot and use that in soups tooThe How to Herb Book.  That has lots of good vitamins in it.


My Grandparents used to pick these at golf courses and eat them.  They remind me of them!                                                The How to Herb Book

No comments:

Post a Comment