Thursday, April 22, 2010

Choosing Gratitude Challenge

I'm reading this great book!  It's called Choosing Gratitude by Nancy DeMoss.  I realize that my nature is to be very ungrateful and selfish!  My personality is very pessimistic and something I have to constantly keep in check!  I tend to see the negative and judge a situation on the "wrong" side before seeing the good!  I'm realizing that alot of that is due to an ungrateful heart!  How humbling considering all the Lord has done for ME!

Romans 1:21 says "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."    This verse is pretty scary stating where unthankfulness can lead!  It's the "fountainhead of all the other evils listed in this chapter. The fact is, when we give in to whining, murmuring and complaining-not honoring God or giving thanks to Him- we embark on a destructive slide that can take us down to depths we never could have imagined going."  (quoted part taken from Nancy's book.)  Read the whole chapter (Romans 1) to see where it can lead!

Sadly, the ones I tend to complain about are the ones I love the most!  Nancy told about a challenge she has given to women for years.  I thought it would be a good challenge to take myself and offer to all my "cyber" friends.    It's called a 30 Day Encouragement  Challenge.  The two "rules" are

1.  Purpose not to say anything negative about your husband-not to him and not to anyone else about him.
2. Every day express at least one thing you admire or appreciate about your husband.  Say it to him!

My husband's "love language" is words of affirmation and it's one of the hardest for me to do,, so this will be VERY good for me!    So for the month of May, let's try to take this challenge and be more grateful!







No comments:

Post a Comment