Saturday, March 6, 2010

The wonders of Garlic

While I was at my parent's this past week, a neat-o thing happened.  On the morning of Ruthie's shower (the reason I was there), my sister Tonya called and said she had a problem.  Levi (who had been fighting a terrible cold) had a terrible ear ache.  She said he's fussing and screaming about his ear.  If she just touched his face, he'd yell in pain.  Oh no, I wasn't prepared to do her part of the shower!  I asked if she had tried garlic yet.  She hadn't (she was going to take him to the doctor at 2:15 in the afternoon and this was early morning). So I walked her through preparing it and we got off the phone as she gave him to dose.  I called back a few minutes later and asked if she got it into him and she had.  I called back about 1/2 an hour later and I asked how Levi was.  Levi was laughing and playing with Violet.  She couldn't believe it!  Can it work that fast!?!?!  She did two "doses" before the shower and he was a new little boy.  
Later we were sitting around chatting about how the garlic had worked for Levi and Silas said, "Oh, that happened to me, my ear killed and Mom gave me the garlic and it went right away!"  My Mother was so impressed to hear it from an older child too!  Garlic is truly an amazing thing GOD has blessed us with!


1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the garlic trick working on an earache as well. When I first started working as an MT and wearing headphones all the time it gave me a terrible earache. One night it was just SO bad I would try anything to make it go away. Infused the garlic into some oil and dropped it in my ear. Almost instant relief! It is an amazing thing God gave us!!

    ReplyDelete