Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday's Simple Pleasures

Every day this week I've had to run out of the house; dentist office, groceries, piano, taking the truck to the shop, field trip, etc.  Today is the first week we're staying home all day (except Mark, of course).  It feels so good to just be home!  So I've just totally enjoyed many simple pleasures of just being home.

Breakfast with Mark
Rain on the tin roofed porch
Rubber boots in the mud
Excited "Look Mom, I put my gloves on all by myself!"
100% on a spelling test
Chickens in the yard pecking at the snow
Piano being practiced on
Wrestling in the kitchen
Sewing machine going
Funny messages on FB from Mark
Crocheting a rug
Crackling of a woodfire
Browsing through the seed catalog and ordering the seeds, envisioning the garden full of veges
Fun chat on the phone with my sister
Making cuttings of the ivy and putting it in the window
Just feeling so content to be home in the place the Lord has placed us and the role He has given me!


Proverbs 15:13  "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance."
Proverbs 15:15 "But he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast."

No comments:

Post a Comment