Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduation Preparations

Our oldest is graduating in 9 days!
I have been preparing and planning for months now.

Jordan went through our church directory 
and my address book to decide who to invite.
We stressed we wanted it to be the men he felt have had in 
impact on him during his years of schooling.
Piano teacher, guitar teachers, Sunday School teachers,
coworkers, relatives, etc.  We're so thankful
for all the many men that have had an impact on his life.

Then I asked Jordan to pick out colors to work with
for the decorating.
He picked red and yellow.
 
 

What FUN this has been for me! 
I absolutely love this part of parties.
My mind has been spinning with ideas.
 
We plan to have our ceremony and picnic outside.
I painted the lawn chairs.



I also wanted to make Jordan a scrapbook of his
school days.
 
Each day I've had goals to reach.  Last week was to
finish the album.  What perfect timing, the days
I had planned to work on it, were also days
that rained.  I wasn't tempted to run outside 
and work in the yard.
 
 

I had each of the boys, my fella and me write a short
note on the front cover.
This was so special.
 
My fella wrote:
Philippians 4:3
Dear Son,  You have been 
my  "true yokefellow" since you could
walk and talk, always available, always so willing.
You are now a man, and one of the most servant-hearted
individuals I know.  I love you Jordan and am so proud
of you!  Dad 
Psalm 84:11

Brendan wrote:
To my Best Pal,
It's kind of funny, I've been looking forward all my life to 
being done with school, and here we are, you done, 
 and me almost. It went fast!
Well, you have been my best friend and always will be!
BVP
We have had alot of great times, and 
I look forward to alot more.
Ephesians 6:6,7


What great memories that stirred up in each of us!

Now, I must get this house cleaned and the 
food preparations started.

We have 85-95 people confirmed to come.
Family from Maine and Connecticut coming.
Some surprise family flying in from CA.  Jordan doesn't know 
about this and will be so fun!
I'm so thankful for all the people showing their
love and support and sharing the day with us!

I'll post showing the decorations and things
I'm making after, I want my guests to be surprised  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the chairs....the notes are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!!! I can't WAIT!!! :) I know you will make everything sooo special for Jordan. You always outdo yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete