Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bees and Things

This morning I went out to water some tomatoes
I planted last night.
The boys were busy taking down the graduation celebration
canopy and chairs.
 
 
 
 
 

It was kind of sad.
Jordan's been gone during the day  the last two weeks working full time.
I miss his funny stories and companionship during the day.

All the planning andwork we've been doing for months is over.

But changes in life are normal.
This is what we've trained and worked hard at-
to make our boys a productive part of society
and to bring glory to the Lord.
 
It was so peaceful walking around the yard
looking at the plants I've got in.

Aren't these lovely zinias beautiful!?!?


I was so excited!
Yesterday I found a local nursery.
It's owned and run by an older couple that have had their
greenhouse for years.  The husband is 80 and it's the 
only income they live on.
I was happy to bring the extra find home, some perky
flowers to add to the garden.
 
Then I came upon this while in the yard: 


 Right above, next to where I was watering, 
a huge swarm of bees have gathered
in this pine tree.  The bees were buzzing
in the air above and around me.  It was kind of thrilling
seeing them all at work.

Oh, what great memories to remember.  
Life goes on and it's in the little things of the daily life
that bring a smile and happy heart.











3 comments:

  1. I love it, Tammy. What a handsome young man.
    - Proverbs 22:6 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Philbrick.. I have been enjoying reading your blog. Thanks for the encouraging posts! Emily

    ReplyDelete