Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Biddies Share

A friend loveth at all times. Prov 17:17

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17

The 2008-2009 school  year, I felt burdened to have a Bible study in our home. 

I wanted to especially encourage Mom's with young children, so I invited the ladies who had young school age children in our church to join.  I invited about 12 ladies.  Inside, I was scared spitless to do this.  I have never lead a study and get so nervous speaking in front of people.  Mark kept encouraging me to do it though as he saw and felt my burden.

I was so glad, five ladies committed to coming.  It was a fun group.

*One lady has children our children's ages- from teenagers to toddlers. 

*Another had two young children (she's had another since then).

*One lady moved to our area, leaving all her family behind.  Her husband's job brought them to the area.  What a perfect way for her to meet some ladies, I thought.  She's extremely quiet (that's just the first impression!!!!) so thought this would be perfect for her!

*And another lady had a very scary, touch and go healthy child.  This lady has gone through immense struggles with her daughter's health.  She was pregnant with her second during the year of the study.

*Another lady joined us half way through, so our group grew :)


We studied the book,  God's Pricelss Woman by Wanda Sanseri.

It was a great study to do together.  We all learned so much.
We also formed a friendship that would of never happened if the study hadn't brought us together.

We prayed together, shared our burdens together, challenged eachother, cried together, saw prayers answered together and encouraged eachother through some HUGE struggles in our lives!

God is so good! 
Last night, one of the dear friends had us all over.  Her husband is away on business, so she took advantage of the time. 

I quickly fed the boys and left with games, knitting and snacks in tow. 
We sat at her kitchen table, snacked and snacked while chatting, laughing lots and crying together!
It was commented by us all how that year so needed in our lives!  
God's timing is always perfect, He gives us just what we need, just when we need it!
 
I stayed out WAY past my bedtime but cherished the time we shared together!

This morning, Luke asked me, "What games did you play?"  I answered, "Oh, we never got to the games, we just talked!"
"Guys, did you here that?  They didn't do ANYTHING!!!" was his shocked reply!

Oh, how we all enjoyed that time not doing anything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment