Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Garlic Harvest

Last evening, my fella and the boys
were moving the last big pile of dirt.  I was weeding and
fiddling in the garden.
I noticed the garlic were looking done.
I pulled one out and checked.
Yup, they're ready to be harvested.

I began to pull them out.
I noticed there were a few garlics with scapes.
A few weeks back, I cut the scapes off.
You're supposed to do that and I was curious to see
how much of a difference there was.
Sure enough, the garlics
with scapes I missed were half the size of the rest.

After I pulled them out, I bundled them up.



Because of the work project going on with the back
porch, I couldn't hang them out there as I have
in the past.

I thought of another spot.


They're hanging nicely in the hall downstairs.
When I woke up this morning,
I could smell the aroma of garlic.
I love the process of harvesting the crops!

No comments:

Post a Comment