Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple War


A couple weeks ago, the boys
and I joined my parents on our annual vacation
at Shiloh camp ground on Hatch Lake, NY.

Mark, Jordan, Uncle Al, Aunt Rosie,
Uncle Rich and Judy joined us too
later in the week.

It's always a highlight of the year for us.

The last day we were there, Dave,
the camp director
took us all hiking over the many acres
of woods to find apples.
We filled bags, coolers, buckets and pockets
with the many apples.

I spent many days putting the apples
away in the freezer and in jars on the shelves.



There were still 3 buckets on the back porch today.
I went outside and tossed one at Tim up by the shed.
That was all it took, a full hour long
apple war broke out.



"Teams" were formed, Luke and I together against
Brendan, Tim, Silas and Addan.


Luke and I were at a disadvantage of throwing up hill.
I used my hood for protection.



Hunter came and went as it was lunch time and food
seemed more important than dodging
fast whizzing apples.





What a fun lunch break!
Be sure to wear protection if you drop by for lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment